EGX 2017 is nearly upon us, and with such the UK’s largest esports activation to date. The ESL Arena, powered by Intel will span 5,000 square metres including two competition stages and various other zones.
Esports Insider is delighted to announce we will, for the bulk of Thursday and Friday, be stationed in the ESL Community Area with a snazzy banner to boot. We welcome anyone and everyone to pop over, have a chat and find out more about our Esports Insider Forum Series which this month focuses on apparel and merchandise opportunities in esports. We’re aptly located in the vicinity of the ESL Shop showcasing some of the finest esports swag there is available.
Away from liaison opportunities with Esports Insider, there’s the small matter of two huge stages for esports competition. There’s the Twitch Main Stage and the ESL Premiership Stage. The Twitch Main Stage will have a variety of esports competition across EGX, with the ESL Stage playing host to the ESL Premiership Finals in League of Legends and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and will also bring the Rainbox Six Siege: EGX Invitational, Splatoon 2 and drone sim racing. There’s over £20,000 on the line and the opportunity for some to compete on a European level.
For fans that want to get involved, the ESL Arena will also include:
- Intel Experience Zone – Featuring a range of interactive demos powered by the latest Intel® Core™ i7 and i9 X-Series processors including Project Cars 2 in VR, Overwatch, Lone Echo and many more. Plus partake in the Intel Treasure Hunt to win big prizes each day.
- Intel Streaming Zone – See the biggest stars of the UK gaming scene stream live, powered by Twitch and Intel. More details to be announced soon!
- ESL Open LAN Area – Get stuck into the action and test your skills on titles such as Paladins and Hand Of The Gods, with a massive 32 Alienware PC’s ready-to-play LAN tournament area.
- Community Area – Try out the Oculus Rift and the greatest retro arcade machines in the country, supplied by Bespoke Arcades, with drinks provided by Red Bull.
- Build a PC – Learn how to build a PC from scratch with ASUS. Tom Logan from OC3D will be holding sessions throughout the four days.
- Expo – Test and purchase high end gaming gear and merchandise from the likes of Alienware, Corsair, HyperX, ZOTAC, MSI, Gigabyte, and the ESL Shop.
“We’re ecstatic to be partnering with EGX, Intel and Twitch to deliver what’s set to be the ultimate esports experience in this calendar year,” commented James Dean, Managing Director at ESL UK. “The Arena is far more than just a tournament, it’s a full-360 celebration of all aspects of esports which promises something to see or do for all EGX visitors.”
He continued “The ESL Arena would not be possible without Intel. ESL has recently entered into a global partnership with Intel after working together for over 10 years to hold incredible events such as Intel Extreme Masters, ESL Pro League, and many others. We’re thrilled to expand this partnership in the UK.”
Esports Insider says: Pay us a visit and take in some of the best esports action available for UK eyes. We’ll be by the shop looking fabulous in our Esports Insider hoodies. We are in fact that cool.