Emil “HeatoN” Christensen and Tommy “Potti” Ingemarsson have been announced as brand ambassadors for luxury watch brand Sjöö Sandström. The collaboration will see the “Royal Steel LEET” released and worn by both HeatoN and Potti.
The Royal Steel LEET is described as a “stunning timepiece that celebrates digital athletes and their deep passion for esports”. The watch comes with a DLC coated case, 24-hour bezel and super luminova crosshair.
Please click any of the images below for the full-sized image:
The specification is as follows:
- CASE: Stainless steel Black DLC 041mm
- CASE-BACK: Stainless steel Black DLC. Individually numbered.
- GLASS: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- DIAL AND HANDS: Dial with white super luminova index marks and hands with super luminova.
- DIAL: Black with grey patterned crosshair
- BEZEL: 24-hour bezel.
- BRACELET: Rubber with folding buckle
- WATER RESISTANCE: 10 ATM (100 meters).
- MOVEMENT: SS G16 Automatic movement (Swiss Made)
- RRP: 19.800 SEK, 2.060 USD, 1.820 EUR
Emil “HeatoN” Christensen and Tommy “Potti” Ingemarsson are legends in esports terms – with over 18 championships between them. Although the two of them are no longer competitors, they are both founders of Ninjas in Pyjamas, a well-renowned esports organisation based in Sweden that competes across multiple titles with flagship teams in both Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Dota 2.
The collaboration marks the first brand ambassador deal in esports with a luxury watch maker. Given the fact that when cameras show players their wrists are often on show – it’s a partnership that definitely makes sense and we would expect more to emerge in the future. Although both HeatoN and Potti no longer play, we would suspect that it won’t be long before we see a partnership with active players from a watch brand.
Esports Insider says: It’s great to see a luxury watch brand enter the space in what is clearly a very apt match. The watch itself looks slick and one would imagine will feature on many an esports fans Christmas list. Congratulations to HeatoN and Potti on becoming ambassadors.