PUBG MOBILE recently announced a new professional league for the Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
The PUBG MOBILE EMEA League will replace the PUBG MOBILE Club Open (PMCO) regional finals for the respective regions, with $100,000 (~£78,647) in prize money and three spots to the PUBG MOBILE Global Championship up for grabs.
The new competition will draw on the best performing teams from Europe, Turkey, CIS, Germany, Middle East & Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq that attended the recent PUBG MOBILE Club Open Fall Split Finals.
The league will kick off on October 16th, with 32 teams split into groups competing over two weeks to qualify for the Finals. After a fortnight’s worth of competition, the top 16 teams will compete in the EMEA League Finals – the top three teams earning their spot at the Global Championship.
The list of teams that have qualified for the PUBG MOBILE EMEA League are as follows:
- Four teams from Europe: UDR KILLERS, GODSENT, Bloodline, Polar Ace
- Five teams from CIS: KoninaPower, NaixCS, DreamEaters, Team 1218, Alliance
- Four teams from Turkey: Mod-Z Esports, Blaze Esports, REIGN Esports, Klas Game Esports
- Three teams from Germany: Marines Force DE, 8rESPORTS, HOT LINE
- Five teams from Saudi Arabia: Baad, OshTekkWarriors, HeadQuarters, The Force, SWAT69
- Three teams from Egypt: Fear Eleven, Vibes 6, The SniperS
- Five teams from Iraq: IRAQI ELITE, ARAB GSG, FRAG MACHINES, The Monster, Punishers
- Three teams from a broader Middle East and Africa qualifier: YaLLa Esports, 1 Bullet, ROYAL ESPORTS
Esports Insider says: Creating a more structured league that brings together the top teams from a swathe of regions will be good for improving the overall quality of play amongst the teams. It also creates a clearer pathway to the Global Championship. Replacing the regional finals with this additional competition also gives budding and grassroots teams an idea of what the local to global journey looks like.