We are proud to announce a collaboration with SPORTEL for the second edition of its eTALKS series.
The first edition of the series focused on sports media rights and broadcast strategies, however, this time Sportel is entering into the world of esports and its crossover appeal with traditional sports.
eTALKS’s second series features two free to attend online panels, to be held on April 8th. The first will delve into the growing relationship between traditional sports and esports and how these partnerships unlock new possibilities. Following that, the second panel discusses the opportunities for esports in broadcast and production.
Some of the panellist featured at eTALKS include Romain Bigeard, Riot Games’ Business Development Manager, Team Vitality’s Co-founder and CEO, Nicolas Maurer, Nigel Crow, BBC’s Business Development and Sports Rights Executive, plus Remer Rietkerk, Newzoo’s Head of Esports.
Joanna Merchie, SPORTEL’s Conference Executive Director, commented: “SPORTEL is delighted to be partnering with ESI as the leading go-to for esports business, setting the scene for new opportunities to develop between the crossover of the sports business and esports business communities. We’re excited to be bringing together new faces for authentic conversations during the esports eTALKS, along with our other collaborations throughout the year”
To register for the event, click here. The full session list is below.
RELATED: ESI Digital Spring Day One recap
Session One – Esports & Traditional Sports – Cultivating the Crossover
April 8th 2021 – 14:00 – 15:00 CEST
- Romain Bigeard, Business Development Manager, Riot Games
- Hannah Brown, Chief Strategy & Business Development Officer, Formula E
- Magnus Leppäniemi, President of Esport, EEG
- Nicolas Maurer, CEO & Co-Founder, Team Vitality
- Sam Cooke, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Esports Insider (Moderator)
Session Two – Opportunities in Esports for Broadcast & Production
April 8th 2021 15:00 – 16:00 CEST
- Ethan Cooper, CEO & Co-Founder, Skybox
- Nigel Crow, Business Development & Sports Rights Executive, BBC
- Alexander Lewin, VP Distribution & Programming, Blast
- Remer Rietkerk, Head of Esports, Newzoo
- Kirsty Endfield, Founder & Director, Swipe Right PR (Moderator)
SPORTEL also announced its third and fourth eTALKS, which delves into the topic of sports tech and sports business opportunities in the US. These events are scheduled to take place in May and July respectively.