Mr Green and Gamingzone Entertainment establish joint esports focused venture

Mr Green and Gamingzone Entertainment have established a joint venture to ‘create a new community for esports fans with focus on entertainment, news and gaming possibilities’. 

Mr Green runs a number of online betting sites, such as its primary product Mr Green as well as Redbet. Gamingzone Entertainment meanwhile is a Swedish company specialised in esports and gaming entertainment; it’s the entity behind the reality show GAMERZ.

Karl Mikael Cakste, Gamingzone Entertainment

This new joint venture will establish a new, yet-to-be-decided, brand. Mr Green will own a majority 55% stake of it, whilst Gamingzone Entertainment will take the other 45%.

Karl Mikael Cakste, who is one of the founders of Gamingzone, has initially been appointed CEO.

Per Norman, CEO of Mr Green, commented: ”Esports is a quickly growing, global phenomena and an increasing number of fans is spending time on gaming as well as different kind of videos. Experts believe this can become as huge as traditional sports. We want to be part of this development and create a presence among all its fans. In Gamingzone, we have found a partner who understands esports, content and entertainment.”

Gamingzone Entertainment was only founded in 2017 by a group of individuals from the world of media and entertainment with experience from MTG, TV4, Zodiak and Endemol Shine. The company’s main activity to date has seen them create the reality show GAMERZ, which is where CS:GO players who dream of stardom get an opportunity to turn pro. 

Gamingzone Entertainment CEO Cakste noted: ”Entertainment and betting within esports is still immature. We are convinced that there are interesting and entertaining ways of offering the fans something better than what we have seen so far. We are happy to partner with Mr Green which is an established, knowledgeable iGaming company that acts responsibly and is long-term.”

”Our main ambition is to create a community where esports fans from the entire world love to spend time. People of the age of 18 and older who wants to bet will in due time be offered that opportunity under just and safe conditions.”

The new esports community will be launched this autumn. 

GAMERZ has been generally well received, and moreover it did what it said on the tin too. Fnatic ended up signing four of the players to their academy roster. Season two ended back in March. 

Esports Insider says: This bookmaker backed esports venture sounds very interesting, and we’re intrigued to find out exactly what they have planned. GAMERZ went down well in its first two seasons so Gamingzone has a solid track record to date, whilst Mr Green has done well to differentiate itself, create a brand identity and stand out in the highly competitive online betting space. Colour us intrigued.