- ESI London will host a C-suite speakers including; the CEO of G2 Esports, Senior Director & Commissioner of FC Esports at EA Sports, Director of Global Esports at Tencent Games, Associate Director of Esports EMEA at Ubisoft, British grime MC, rapper and songwriter P Money
- The festival will cover a number of key topics within esports from, the future of Counter-Strike and mastering sponsorship, to how brands can unite with content creators and esports in education
- ESI London, in collaboration with Presenting Partner Qiddiya, Silver Partner the International Esports Federation, The Clutch headliners HSBC and EXCEL ESPORTS, and others will take over Wembley’s BOXPARK on October 19th & 20th, guests will have access to ESI Film Festival, startup pitch competition The Clutch, and breakout talks covering toxicity in gaming, women in esports and sustainability in content creation
- Tickets for ESI London are available here, and the full agenda can be viewed here
London, UK, 18 October 2023 – ESI London, the esports and video games industry festival is pleased to share the full lineup of speakers, topics and activations. Returning this week on October 19th and 20th, ESI London will take over Wembley’s BOXPARK and Bafta 195 Piccadilly.
With the prosperity of esports being debated, ESI London opens its doors to discuss what the future holds, inviting C-Levels from esports teams, gaming and esports executives from major brands, tournament organisers and investment firms, as well as education and data providers. Amongst these include figures from the esports industry and beyond with: The Football Association, EA Sports, Mercedes-Benz, Twitch, Pringles, Charlotte Tilbury Beauty, Formula E, Tencent, G2 Esports, Fnatic, ESL FACEIT Group, Shikenso Analytics, EXCEL ESPORTS, HSBC and more sharing their insights.
This year’s festival will host over 700 attendees thanks to a series of partners including; Presenting Partner Qiddiya, a new development that aims to become a vibrant, entertainment, sports and cultural destination in Riyadh, Silver Partner the International Esports Federation, and Headline Partners HSBC and British esports organisation EXCEL ESPORTS.
With 80+ speakers across two tracks covering an aggregate of panels, keynotes, showcases and debates, attendees will be treated to in-depth discussions on the trajectory of the billion dollar industry, these topics include:
- EA SPORTS FC- A New Era with the Sr. Director & Commissioner of FC Esports and EA SPORTS
- Uniting brands and creators: Why work together?
- Speakers include the Project Director at Arcade Media (the Sidemen), Global Head of Gaming & XR at Charlotte Tilbury Beauty, UK Community and Content Manager at Logitech G, the Co-Founder or Hashtag United, and the Director of Business Development at Disobey
- Stay in the game: Creator campaigns that POP! A keynote from Pringles EU
- Bringing esports ecosystems to life
- Sim Racing- The Grand Plan
- Speakers include Head of Competitive at RENNSPORT, Gaming Director at Formula E, Head Coach of Esports at Williams Esports and Head of Esports at Mercedes-Benz AMG Petronas Formula One
- Is esports education ready to teach the next generation?
Speakers include the Chief Advancement officer at the Network of Academic and Scholastic Esports Federations, the Esports Manager and Course Leader BSc Esports Production at the Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies, a Lecturer from Staffordshire University and the Chief Commercial Officer from Gameplan
ESI London will feature a number of breakout events and networking opportunities to create a unique experience for anyone looking to understand the gaming and esports industry.
Leading sports marketing agency, SPORTFIVE, will run a morning dedicated to diversity on Day One. Offering a breakfast networking session with Women in Games, Women in Games International, the*gameHERs and the GIRLGAMER Esports Festival and panels including “What is being done to bring women to the forefront of our industry?” featuring EE and Riot Games.
The Glowbox space features all of the Track 2 sessions and will also play host to a series of discussions including how brands can disarm toxicity in gaming communities with Ear to the Ground and Unilever, and designing products for athletes with Logitech G, amongst others.
Taking place on Friday 20th October at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, where the winners of the inaugural edition will be revealed.
The invitation only event aims to showcase the positive difference video games and esports can make to people’s lives via the medium of film, and offers a cash prize pool of £10,000, and is in partnership with non-profit partner ESG Gaming. The festival’s themes this year were digital inequality, diversity, and mental health. Filmmakers were asked to shine a spotlight on the talent behind the screens, and illustrate the meaningful difference video games and esports have had in people’s lives. The esteemed judging panel and advisory board is formed by TV presenter and BAFTA host Elle Osili-Wood, the British Film Institute, Ubisoft Film and Television and more.
The Clutch – presented by HSBC UK and EXCEL Esports
A dynamic live pitching competition for esports and video game start-ups that are either in the early stages or on the cusp of their first seed round. Pitches take place on Day One, October 19th at ESI London in front of a live judging panel from HSBC, Bidstack and EXCEL ESPORTS who will leverage their collective expertise in investments, business development, esports, video games, and the creator economy, to determine the champion. The winner will be decided on Day Two and will walk away with £3,000 cash alongside other prizes to help support them on their entrepreneurial journey.
ESI London plays host to a series of networking opportunities that allow guests to make meaningful connections. Gone are the standalone coffee breaks. Instead attendees can take advantage of the multiple food and drink vendors, free-roam VR, pop golf and axe throwing to build partnerships.
Sam Cooke, Managing Director & Co-Founder of ESI comments: “ESI London continues to be our flagship event, drawing in international speakers and brands who are keen to share their knowledge and drive the industry forward, while also providing a unique backdrop for attendees to build long-lasting relationships.”
Sign up to the twice-weekly ESI Dispatch Newsletter here.