RockTech Paris has announced the eight finalists of its upcoming esports and gaming focused event in Paris.
This is the third edition of the RockTech Paris series, and is aimed at facilitating an evening of networking, discussion and providing a valuable opportunity for esports and gaming startups.
Event organiser Benjamin Debusschère told Esports Insider: “We are extremely pleased with the selection of the eight startup finalists. It shows the strong potential of the esports and gaming markets and I am confident that out of these eight, most of them will become rockstars in this ecosystem!”
The following are those in the running this time around:
- Gleetz (UK): First professional social network entirely dedicated to the Gaming & esports industry.
- Hypersuit (France): Creating ultra-sensational VR Gaming technologies.
- Gameway (UK): Personal mobile gaming for everyone.
- Yalla (France): Social sports betting app allowing you to bet with your friends.
- Join (France): First data marketing plateform that helps advertisers to optimize their esport media campaigns.
- Gameblr Esports (France): The one and only 100% free esports prediction webapp.
- StriveWire (Germany): Global platform for eSports cash tournaments and 1vs1-challenges.
- MateCrate (Germany): Connecting Players in the eSport universe.
In partnership with Orange & Reed Smith, RockTech Paris #Gaming & #Esport will put these startups which operate in esports and gaming more generally during one special networking event on February 15th, 2017 (6-10pm) in Paris, at Spaces Réaumur.
The event will kick off with an onstage Q&A with Flavien Guillocheau, CEO of Pandascore on ‘The challenges of raising money in esports’, and will be moderated by our own Sam Cooke, Editor at Esports Insider. The evening will then continue with the pitches by the eight finalists.
They’ll be in front of a jury consisting of Sophia Metz, the Founder of Meltdown Bars, Jean-Louis Charlety, VP Games, Music, Culture and Infotainment Business Unit, Orange Content, Matthieu Dallon, Advisor to Webedia and CEO of Trust Esport Ventures, Guzman Diaz, Principal at Index Ventures and Guillaume Rambourg, GM at Riot Games France.
The audience will also be able to select who they deem the winning startup by voting on RockTech Bot. The selected startup will win 3 months of incubation at Paris&CO new incubator dedicated to esport startup, as well as personalised mentoring from experts and investors of the ecosystem and a ticket for ESI Super Forum (organized by Esports Insider) on March 22nd in London.
Esports Insider says: Some familiar faces in our friends Gleetz making the list but some interesting new contenders too. We’re excited to hear each company pitch their products and see just who the jury deems worthy of the incubator scheme, and a pass to our own ESI Super Forum.
Disclaimer: Esports Insider is a partner of the RockTech Paris event